Kennedy and Easton

Kennedy and Easton

Friday, February 5, 2010

Coconut the cockatoo... and other fun critters

We got a zoo membership for Christmas from Mike and Alyssa, what a great gift! We went yesterday and it was practically empty, no crowds or lines. The kids were beyond excited when I told them we were going. I even braved the bird show so that they could see live birds fly by. It was a testament of my love to them since as many of you know birds rank pretty low on my list with all their swooping and pooping. I will admit, it was pretty cool to see a bald eagle from only 10 feet away.
The MN Trail..we saw otters, wolves, coyotes, lynx.

I had to include this picture because it is Easton and a puma. He has this love/hate relationship with puma's. I am not even sure where it stemmed from but for a couple months now he has been talking about puma's as if they might appear in our living room at any moment. He always threatens Kennedy with "the puma's coming to get you". On the flip side, sometimes I'll shout out to him "Easton, the puma's coming!" and he freaks. He'll run at lightning speed to escape the said puma and starts screaming "save me!" So, this was his first time to see a real puma and we kept talking about it all day and saying what a nice puma it was, not a scary one.

No comments:

Post a Comment