Kennedy and Easton

Kennedy and Easton

Friday, September 23, 2011

I went head to head with fear today...and I won (kind of)

Do the thing you fear and the death of fear is certain (Mark Twain). 

I took a Zumba class today for the first time.  Super fun!  Since I have zero rhythm I have avoided taking one up until now even though I've heard great things about it.  Unbeknownst to me, it was a Zumba/Belly dancing class and we all got to wear little belly dancing hip scarves.  I'm pretty sure that means I checked two fears off my list today (check check).  I had a hard time getting my arms and legs to sync up and I was always a beat behind.  But, I was afraid, and did it anyway.  Woo hoo for me!

(I probably shouldn't reveal this....also unbeknownst to me....it was an AOA class.  You know, Active Older Adults.  Sadly, it was just my speed and I got a good 1 hour workout.)

Me and that room full of blue hairs got our groove on today!
Exactly like the one I wore, except mine was lime green.  Say it....your jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment