Kennedy and Easton

Kennedy and Easton

Monday, June 20, 2011

Life is what happens, when you make other plans.

There are 2 weeks of soccer left and t-ball has just started. I bought a pool pass to enjoy the pool all summer. Kids concerts at parks and play dates with friends are scheduled.

And then….

A follow-up MD appointment after Kennedy’s ear surgery indicated that she might have an adenoid problem. Sounds like a shoulder-shrug-no-biggie situation when you first hear about it. But, after getting several other medical opinions it is clear her adenoids and tonsils must come out. Poor little girl has almost total blockage of her nasal airway and sleep apnea. My mind knows this is a necessary medical procedure but my heart is sure telling me something else.

I would trade places with her in an instant. I have guessed and second guessed (and third guessed) myself as to whether this is the right decision. It is. But, doing what’s right does not always feel good. So, I am off to buy pudding and popsicles, I’ll mash as many potatoes as she wants, she can have ice cream for breakfast. Please, just allow everything to go smoothly tomorrow, and please, just think a little thought for my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment