Kennedy and Easton

Kennedy and Easton

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Want Ad

WANTED:  Patient adult willing to potty train a strong-willed child that loves his diapers.  

It was a battle of wills at our house the other morning. Easton woke up with a dry diaper. Therefore, I knew he would have to pee soon. I insisted he pee on the potty and he insisted I give him a diaper to pee in. Um, no.   He fought it the entire time screaming and trying to jump off the potty while I held him on there. It was ugly. He finally made it happen but not without a huge struggle and a pee extravaganza all over the bathroom floor. Technically some did go in the potty so I counted it as a success and did the whole dance around and give him a sucker thing.

Had this incident been filmed, I am sure I would be featured on Super Nanny as the “What not to do when potty training” example. I think it may have set us back a few years.
Any advice? Insight? Interest in being paid to potty train my child?

No comments:

Post a Comment