Kennedy and Easton

Kennedy and Easton

Friday, January 14, 2011

OhMyGoshThisistheBestWeekEver

This slur of words must have fumbled out of Kennedy's mouth 100 times this week. Not only has she been the "Superstar of the Week" at school, but also, turned 5 1/2.

Most kids would have been excited to wear this sticker for the day and then thrown it away or stuck it somewhere in their room. Kennedy insisted that she wear it everyday this week. So, the sticker has gobs of scotch tape on it and zero sticky left. I actually had to safety pin it on her today. She took her Superstar job very seriously. Reporting that she got to set out the name tags, be the line leader and help out with anything else the teacher needed. The cutest part about it was last Friday when she came home and told me she had been picked. "Mommy! I got picked as the Superstar of the Week!! When Miss Bruns said my name I felt so good inside. Then we had work time, free play and all that. Then, I thought about it some more and felt so good inside again."
As far as turning 5 1/2....pretty monumental when you're turning 5 1/2. Since her birthday is in July they celebrated it on her half birthday at school. She got to bring a treat to school to share. She got a pencil, a crown, a sticker and a book from her teacher. Plus, she's grown an inch since turning 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment