Kennedy and Easton

Kennedy and Easton

Thursday, November 11, 2010

What's in your backpack??

Since starting kindergarten Kennedy is little miss joiner. I am thinking she is probably the only kindergartner who entered the year book cover drawing contest. She comes up with these wildly creative ideas that revolve around rainbows and trapezoids. One classroom assignment was to disguise a turkey so it could not be found for Thanksgiving dinner. Her pink and purple cupcake was spot-on for this project. It is so fun to see her enthusiasm for learning and her spunk intersect.

Speaking of classroom projects…there is so much stuff that comes home each week I cannot begin to save it all. So, I have decided to make an on-line folder so that I can pitch the actual project into recycling but save a copy on-line so we can look back and see all the things she did.
I love this one. In school they have begun to draw things and put words to their drawings. At conferences her teacher said correct spelling was not a concern she was just wanting kids to sound things out phonetically and spell it how they think it sounds. Ball :)

2 comments:

  1. The cupcake turkey is AWESOME! And, good for her for entering the book cover drawing contest! I love your idea of photo-journaling the art work. I just may steal your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the turkey cupcake! When Ryan did that assignment in kindergarten, he made his turkey into R2-D2 (with a little help from dad).

    ReplyDelete