Kennedy and Easton

Kennedy and Easton

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Five

July 13, 2005

I was just off 5 weeks of bed rest and was as big as a house. Sean was in Chicago on business. My mom came to spend the night "just in case" anything happened with the baby while Sean was gone. I assured her it wouldn't as I was nearly 4 weeks from my due date.

It was 5:00 in the evening and my mom and I were enjoying a leisurely chat on the couch...POP...my water breaks all over. We frantically call Sean and tell him and of course he thinks it is a joke. Alas, it is not, and we head speedily to the hospital. Since baby girl Raboin was already known to be breech there was no waiting, off to surgery. What about my husband, you say? Still in Chicago. Kennedy Ellen was born via c-section at 7'ish p.m. weighing in at 6 lbs. 7 oz.

In Chicago, Sean has been desperately trying to catch a flight back to MSP and all flights are cancelled due to a storm (hello Lifetime movie). Luckily Mom was a great stand-in. She talked Sean through the delivery via cell phone and even cut the cord. As soon as flights were flying, Sean was by our side.

I tell this story to Kennedy every year on her birthday and she gets the biggest kick out of it.

I become verklempt from here on out (tears....happy tears). The love and joy that has followed has been immeasurable. Happy happy birthday Kennedy! Don't grow too fast little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment