Kennedy and Easton

Kennedy and Easton

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Deep Thoughts...or a Whole Lot of Mumbo Jumbo

I have decided that I wanted to make a conscious effort to enjoy what's happening today. Yes, there's a boat load of snow outside but instead of wishing for spring I'll take the kids out to play in the snow. Instead of obsessing about the safety of the kindergarten bus next fall or the competency of the teacher that Kennedy will be assigned to, I'll enjoy these last few months of Kennedy as a preschooler. I'll try not to spend too much energy on worrying about taking away Easton's paci. His paci is one of the last things that makes him seem like a baby.

These are all important things but are they important today, probably not. Do they deserve as much energy as I have recently given them, nope. I feel like I have been a little caught up in the hustle and bustle of "what's next". It makes it hard for me to remember that they'll only be 2 and 4 once and soon enough I'll be wishing for this time back.

So, in an effort to simplify and be a better parent these are the reminders I am sending to myself:

1 comment:

  1. Where can I get a copy of that? :) Thanks for the nice reminder!

    ReplyDelete