Kennedy and Easton

Kennedy and Easton

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

<<< Rewind

Have you ever wanted to rewind a parenting moment?  Yep, me too.  My most recent one was when my super inquisitive daughter insisted on the science behind conception.  It was not just a "where do babies come from conversation".....oh how I wish it had been that easy.

I  have never been afraid to have honest conversations with my kids.  I want them to know the facts and hear them from me rather than the version from Johnny on the bus or Susie on the playground.  Basic details would not suffice for my little thinker.  It started basic...and then she kept asking, "I don't get it?" She wanted to know all the ins and outs of the in-and-out.  I fumbled, I had moments of nervous laughter, moments of true laughter while she interpreted my words and lots of sheer terror that I was damaging my child for life. Conveniently Sean was gone for the evening.  The conversation ended with a look of disgust from Kennedy and a very loud pronunciation of, "Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, I'm never talking about this again!!"

This was so not how I had imagined this conversation going.  Pretty much like a zillion other parenting moments I've had.  Whoa, she's gonna keep me on my toes!




No comments:

Post a Comment