In fact, the other day as I was walking up to the track a sweet little wrinkled lady stopped me and said, "honey, you're skinny, you don't need to run the track." Hallelujah! I don't know who sent this angel to me but she made my day, hell my week. She took me for a split second to the land of unicorns and rainbows. I seriously wanted to hug her. Instead, I headed up to the track where I knew I needed to be and I ran circles around that sweet little lady with dementia.
Sunday, October 14, 2012
Unicorns and Rainbows
I don't really do the whole meet at the gym and work out thing very well. In fact, I belong to the community center, not the local gym. It's perfect for me. It has an indoor track, basic equipment and some fun classes. When I go, I go to sweat and I look grungy, I'm in and out. I don't like the pressure of looking cute while I work out or making small talk with the other patrons. I know it's anti-social, but, it works for me. The other super great thing about the community center is that the median age of members is probably 70. With that crowd I am young and spry.
In fact, the other day as I was walking up to the track a sweet little wrinkled lady stopped me and said, "honey, you're skinny, you don't need to run the track." Hallelujah! I don't know who sent this angel to me but she made my day, hell my week. She took me for a split second to the land of unicorns and rainbows. I seriously wanted to hug her. Instead, I headed up to the track where I knew I needed to be and I ran circles around that sweet little lady with dementia.
In fact, the other day as I was walking up to the track a sweet little wrinkled lady stopped me and said, "honey, you're skinny, you don't need to run the track." Hallelujah! I don't know who sent this angel to me but she made my day, hell my week. She took me for a split second to the land of unicorns and rainbows. I seriously wanted to hug her. Instead, I headed up to the track where I knew I needed to be and I ran circles around that sweet little lady with dementia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment