Buddhists say, if the guitar string is too tight it will break. If it is too loose it will not make a sound. Tighten just enough.
As always I am trying to find my equilibrium as a parent. This girl is growing up before my eyes, but, remains seven. She loves a good cuddle from Mommy one minute and the next she is singing along to Niki Manaj and looking at me as if I'm an alien from outer space for suggesting she wear a hair bow. Luckily, she's not in a hurry to grow up and still revels in the fun of play and make believe, She thinks second grade, pink, footy pajamas, notes from me in her lunch box, and the show Full House are all cool. Then I get this glimpse ahead as she looks at me the other day, and in a most tween way says, "um Mom...that is me being sarcastic...duh!"
So, I am working to find symmetry between dependence and independence. I'm trying daily to allow her to do for herself, guiding her in the right direction and letting go of the reins sometimes.
Saturday, October 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment