Kennedy and Easton

Kennedy and Easton

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Honeymoon's Over

I threw Easton to the wolves this morning.  Right before we walked out to the bus stop he told me he was too scared to go and I told him he had to.  My words held no drama and a neutral tone, we go to school, that's the rule.  Once the bus pulled up he stuck to my leg like super glue and the tears started streaming.  My heart shattered into a million little pieces, but, I'll be damned if he saw me waiver.  So, I told Kennedy to grab his hand and I shoved him (literally pried him off of me and shoved him) on to the bus yelling, "have a great day buddy!"  Judy the bus driver looked at me with angst and all the other parents looked at me with a glad-its-your-kid-not-mine sympathetic look.  I watched the bus drive off and his head was buried in Kennedy's lap.  Choke.  Sob.  Gasp.

Thank goodness for big sisters who really really love their baby brothers.  I'm pretty sure she made everything OK for him.

Off the bus he was happy and excited.  The report from him...I was sad for a second, but, Kennedy held my hand and made me feel better.  I played Power Rangers with the other boys and we chased the girls on the playground, I did this thing with the flag where I covered my heart, we read the first chapter in Magic Tree House but I told my teacher I'd already read it.

Shaky start...but, day 2 success!


1 comment:

  1. oh it breaks my heart reading it! poor buddy! and POOR MAMA!

    ReplyDelete