I had been hemming and hawing forever about this whole kindergarten red-shirting business. Do I send him, do I hold him, do I send him, do I hold him. I've done the research, talked to other parents, conferred with teachers and still the decision had been a hard one for me. Until I(we) decided, and now, it's pure bliss. Knowing that he's going and knowing that it is the right decision for him because of all the wonderful things he's accomplished.
At his final preschool conference last week his teacher said he was confident, social, follows directions, raises his hand in class to answer questions, right on track academically and completely ready to be in kindergarten in the fall. Her exact words were, "it would be a huge mistake not to send Easton to kindergarten." Whew! Instinctively I already knew this, but, to hear it yet again from a teacher that has been teaching preschoolers for many (many) years makes me want to do a little happy dance.
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment