The phone rang about 1:30 today and caller ID said it was the school. My stomach sank and I was fully prepared for a request from the nurse to come pick up a puking child. It wasn't the nurse, it was her teacher...my immediate reaction was "uh-oh, what went down in her classroom that I need to hear directly from her teacher."
I was very pleasantly surprised to hear her say she had a little story she wanted to share with me. There was a class discussion about winter and Groundhogs Day and Kennedy had made a cute comment during it. So, I got a call mid-afternoon from a very busy teacher to tell me this. She made my day in a huge way. Seriously, I think it speaks so highly of her and of her commitment to teaching. I love love love this teacher and will most definitely be requesting her when Easton's turn for first grade rolls around.
![]() |
| I heart 1st grade too, little girl!! |



The exact same thing happened to me yesterday!
ReplyDelete