Kennedy and Easton

Kennedy and Easton

Sunday, November 20, 2011

My kids are already talking about their Santa lists. I blame this on Target and Nickelodeon (to name a few) with their uber early Christmas hype. Don't get me wrong, I love the holiday season... but, next up is Thanksgiving and I am planning on thoroughly enjoying it before I start decking the halls. I did happen upon a really neat effort called Operation Christmas Child. So, I decided the kids and I would donate a shoe box full of items for a needy child across the world. Both kids have been really thoughtful about the process and realizing how impactful being kind to a stranger can be. Easton can barely fathom that some kids don't have any toys, "or a phone Mommy" and Kennedy wants to meet the little girl that gets her shoe box and "be friends with her". So, as we inch closer to a holiday in which we recognize the gifts we have been given, my hope is that our family stops, if even for a moment, and shows gratitude by leaving a tiny fingerprint on someone else's life.

Operation Christmas Child Link



No comments:

Post a Comment