Kennedy and Easton

Kennedy and Easton

Monday, August 15, 2011

100 Things to do on your summer vacation (or just one...be a kid)

{First off, my apologies for not posting another picture sooner. Gross!}

We had a low key day today and it was just what we needed. I didn't have my kids signed up for a lot of activities this summer and I was a bit worried there would be some days of boredom. Not that those are bad, they definitely serve a purpose. But, even with just t-ball and Arboretum Camp for Kennedy and no scheduled activities for Easton, we have been busy! So, I really do appreciate the days when we can stay home and the kids can hit the imaginative play hard.

With teacher assignment letters having just come out and the hype of a new school year buzzing through the neighborhood, Kennedy was all about playing school this morning. She set up our whole upstairs as her school and Easton obligingly played the role of student.

Next it was Annie...Kennedy is Annie, Easton gets to be Sandy the dog and I am Miss Hannigan. It's cute because they mostly just play orphanage and clean/dust the house and every once in a while I will yell out a scowling, "What are you just standing around here for? You're supposed to clean the bathroom and the kitchen before lunch, my little pig droppings!!" and then they yell back, "We love you Miss Hannigan." It provides many giggles.

Anywho...summer is winding down and I am perfectly content with how we have spent it (less the surgery and ailments that were spattered amidst). I want my kids to look back on their summer vacation with the same nostalgia that I did. Days spent visiting new places in their imaginations, bike rides, parks, playing barefoot in the yard, kick the can, popsicles, swimming, road trips, fishing and the freedom to be little for as long as they choose.


No comments:

Post a Comment