Kennedy and Easton

Kennedy and Easton

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Dot to Dot

I'm not even sure what to say here.  Have been feeling blissful that we reached the 2 week post-op point today with Kennedy (no complications and with a fairly easy recovery).  Now, back to normal activity.

Last night when I made an off-hand comment to Sean I was practically laughing at the absurdity of my remark, "all of these mosquito bites on Easton make him look like he has chicken pox."

Skip to this morning.  Easton appears in front of me with lots o' spots. Curse.  After an MD appointment it is unclear whether he has Chicken Pox or Hand/Foot/Mouth.  Apparently he's presenting symptoms of both.  So, we are quarantined for a few days and carefully watching for any new dots to appear.

Again, that whole concept of life gets in the way when you plan something else, appears before me.  But this time, it slaps me in the face and leaves a big fat red hand print on my cheek. 

Fiddle faddle!!  This is the new black for my sometimes less than lady-like vocab.   I have been practicing it when I am fiercely angry, mildly frustrated or a conglomerate of other emotions that may have formerly induced a naughty word in my previous non-role-model self.  I know I sound like an old biddy when I say it....but, better me an old biddy than my child a foul mouthed user of profanity.

In my disbelief, I digress. Tomorrow I will be in detention, a prisoner in my own home, doing a dot to dot on Easton's little body. Onward....perspective.....keep breathing....fiddle faddle.....

No comments:

Post a Comment