Kennedy had her school's science fair last night. As soon as the sign-up came out she knew she wanted to do it. So, after brainstorming and lots of planning she came up with a great experiment on water displacement and volume. But, in kindergarten terms the title she came up with was "Items, Cups and Water". It was important to both Sean and I that the project was driven by her interest and done by her. Of course we helped but she did the work and last night it really paid off. She was so excited to explain her project to everyone who came through to see it. A special surprise visit from real-live scientist Poppy at the science fair (and Grandma!) made the event even more fun.
Kennedy explaining her project to Mr. Leonard (the principal).
She also had her first soccer game of the season, which she loved playing in. I took this picture for my rainbow girl...see it? It's a little bit faint but it's there. The night couldn't have gotten much better for her; first the science fair, surprise visitors and a rainbow in the sky during soccer.
At home in bed, "I had so much fun tonight I don't want tonight to end. I'm doing the science fair every year. I really really hope there's a rainbow at all my soccer games."







No comments:
Post a Comment