Kennedy keeps coming home from school with these cute little notes from her buddy, Kaden. She made a big announcement a few weeks ago about how she was going to marry him some day and here's the conversation that followed.
Me: Does Kaden know your going to marry him?
Kennedy: Nope, but I'll tell him.
Me: Hmmm....well, kindergartners don't really get married so maybe you should just skip telling him.
Kennedy: OK, I'll wait and tell him in first grade.
Tonight at dinner she said, "Maybe I won't marry Kaden. I should probably go to college and find a boyfriend and marry him...just like you did."
Me: Hmmm...well, college kids don't really get married until they're all finished with college so you might as well just wait.
I know that soon enough things will be less black and white in her world and shades of gray will pop up all over . But, I really hope she makes a mental note of the aforementioned rules of marriage.


That is cute....Nora's "best friend" is Brent, but I don't know if Brent knows this. She is always talking about him with a huge smile. I can relate to wanting to get all the marriage rules on the table :) BTW, go pack go...Sean we are with you in heart and mind living in Packer land--we were even invited to TWO superbowl parties (a major milestone since moving).
ReplyDelete