Kennedy and Easton

Kennedy and Easton

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Love is the only true adventure. ~Nikki Giovanni

Ten. Ten Spot. 10. Alexander Hamilton. Diez. 10 o’clock. Decade. Perfect 10. Mount Ten. Tennessee. Channel 10. Sum of the first three prime numbers. Ten Four good buddy. Decagon. X. Ten Commandments. Atomic number of neon. Dime. Pearl Jam album. Ten pin bowling. F10. Highway 10.

However you look at it or say it, 10 is a significant number. For me, on this day, it is as well. Today Sean and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary.

Things I remember about the day we got married…
  • It was cold, really cold. Maybe even below zero.
  • My brother and Uncle Booney ran the Lake Harriet Reindeer Run that morning.
  • I ran 5 miles on the treadmill before heading to my updo.
  • The wedding party shoveled down SUBWAY sandwiches about 30 minutes before the ceremony.
  • I was amazingly calm. Probably because I had triple checked my spread sheet .
  • I was excited and happy and in love.
  • We celebrated, laughed and had fun with lots of people we like and love.
  • Sean’s frat buddies got too rowdy and yelled a few expletives on the dance floor – within earshot of my Grams.
  • After the reception ended at midnight, a chauffeur drove us around in a retro Mercedes to look at Christmas lights in Rice Park.
  • I enjoyed the entire day. No glitches. No tears. No snafus.

My husband will be the first to tell you I am not a romantic. But, on my tenth anniversary, I’ll be a little sappy. I feel lucky and blessed to have a husband that I still love very much. He sees in me the good when I can’t see it, he off-sets my quirks, he overlooks my faults, he compliments me daily, he laughs at my oddities, he appreciates my orderliness, he ignores my irrational words and behaviors, he forgives my mistakes.

Happy happy 10th anniversary Sean! I love you!

2 comments:

  1. I love it. You two look great. Happy Anniversary! I love that I can keep track of time by the hair....college blond is a memory for most of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 10th Anniversary!!! I love all of the pics! I hope you guys have a fun night celebrating!

    ReplyDelete