Kennedy also updated her butterfly house with a new coat of paint and is hoping for some visitors out by the pond. We have had weekly visits from hummingbirds on our honeysuckle plant which is fun to see. Poppy gave each of the kids a sunflower plant and those are about to bloom any day. We even had a doe pass through our yard a few weeks ago. It's nature central right out the back door!





I try to pretend it's really cute when the mommy birdie feeds her babies (and it actually is) but there's no way around it....birds are gross. I think the kids are starting to see through the "birds are great" facade that I have been trying to uphold so that they become lovers of all creatures. Today while we were running/biking Kennedy yelled quite loudly at every bird we saw "Shoo, Shoo, Scram!" So much for my efforts at being discrete about my distaste for fowl. This picture of our patio right below the nest really says everything.....


No comments:
Post a Comment