Kennedy and Easton

Kennedy and Easton

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wishin' and Hopin' and Dreamin'

OK, I lied. A few posts back I said I was not wishing for Spring and I'll have to admit that was not the whole truth. I love these winter days that are filled with sunshine and where it's warm enough to play outside without getting frost bite. But....they are also a teaser....you still have to bundle up and you almost always come back inside with cold and wet feet. Only 30 days until the official first day of spring but our spring break is a mere 3 weeks away. No, I won't be going loco in Acapulco like I did in college but a week in Arizona is looking really good right now.

So, today we pretended it was spring. We got a good dose of vitamin D and made the most of playing outside, snowpants and all.

Out came the bikes...

the Cozy Coupes...
hopscotch...
the mower...
sidewalk chalk...
and scooters.
Kennedy ran wind sprints up and down the driveway while I timed her on a stopwatch. For those of you not in MN note the height of the snow bank below.
On your marks,
get set, go!!
The kids played in the tunnels and snow forts that they built with Sean. Check out Kennedy's cute blue nose (thanks to the sidewalk chalk).
Then the real fun began, puddle jumping. They had a contest to see who could make the biggest splash. Both kids were SOAKED by the end of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment