Kennedy and Easton

Kennedy and Easton

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Preschool!

Yesterday was the first day of preschool. Everything went smoothly, whew! Kennedy made an easy adjustment to a new school, teacher and classroom. She is a rule-follower so seems to find the structure of a preschool classroom comforting. Besides playing with friends I think her favorite part of the morning was recognizing the class was fully stocked with craft supplies. Another highlight was getting to go outside on the playground during class time.


Kennedy proudly wore her new super sparkly shoes and I fretted each time the paint brush dripped even remotely close to them. Really, they are the shoes of a 4 year old...let it go lady...they will get dirty and the sparkles will inevitably come off.

After school she announced (again) that she wanted to grow her hair out. She has been saying this for some time and I keep sabotaging her plan by trimming her hair. Getting out the door is hard enough now, I can't imagine what it will be like trying to tame her mass of curls on top of things. At the end of our "hair growing" conversation she made me promise to let her grow it out. "Mommy do you promise I can grow my hair out? You have to promise Mommy." So here it is, I am now accountable to my blog readers for following through on this. Hide the scissors, forgive the untamed curls and blond bird's nest on her head... I will be stocking up on product!

No comments:

Post a Comment